ArcLand plans to organize a 9-day fieldschool, most likely between 4-11 June 2013 in Pécs/Hungary, that comprises the basics, both in the classroom and in the field, of the following techniques:
- aerial archaeological photography, photo interpretation and mapping
- application of various geophysical techniques including GPR, two types of magnetometers, and soil resisitivity (including ERT)
- data integration and interpretation in GIS
Fieldwork will be carried out at two selected sites, a Roman villa and a Neolithic rondel enclosure and settlement in the vicinity of PÃ©cs.
16 students are expected to participate who will get familiarized with the aforementioned methods, in workgroups of four. We mostly expect "beginners" in the subject.
As of latest, the tutors will be (in alphabetical order):
- Kevin Barton (geophysics)
- Gianluca Cantoro (AP, GIS)
- Ziga Kokalj (LiDAR)
- Cathy Stoerz (AP)
- Piotr Wronieczki (geophysics)
- Gábor Bertók (AP, geophysics fieldwork)
- Csilla Gáti (local archaeology, field survey)
- Gábor Molnár (LiDAR, geophysics)
- Máté Szabó (AP, fieldwork)
More information will be available here soon!
Please note that thanks to the financial support from the ArcLand project the participation fees will be very low. Therefore ArcLand will not be able to provide any grants for this teaching event.